Group Coaching meets every Tuesday & Thursday 12:00 - 1:00 p.m. Pacific Time via Zoom.
The Importance of Human Connection:
Much of the group coaching effect is simply spending time with other people. Human connection is essential for health and that being socially isolated has a detrimental impact on your health.
11:50 to noon - Informal discussion / catching up
12:00 to 12:05 - Relaxation exercise
12:05 to 12:15 - Didactic session / sharing successes and challenges
12:15 to 12:30 - Open discussion and questions
12:30 to 12:50 - Small group discussion - discussion will be based on that day's topic or what may have been brought up in the sharing session.
12:50 to 1:00 - Closing discussion
Rules of Engagement (key points):
- One of the purposes of the group coaching sessions is to find out what approaches you have found useful.
- Ask yourself how you might support others on the Q&A.
- Your mood has a mirror neuron effect on others. The term is called "co-regulation." Corresponding neurons in other people's brains are directly stimulated.
- If you are upset for any reason before the session, consider using some of your tools to calm down such as: 1) slow breathing, 2) humming, 3) active meditation, 4) expressive writing, 5) awareness, 6) taking a walk outside. If you are still agitated, that is fine but please consider just listening and relax.
- Although your participation with comments and questions is welcomed, please don't feel obligated. We want you to feel comfortable with the group.
- The sessions are intended to deepen your skills and answer questions.
- Reading my book, Back in Control: A Surgeon's Roadmap Out of Chronic Pain will provide a framework for better understanding of the nature of chronic pain.
- At no point, in any of the sessions with any facilitator will medical advice be given or implied. These are strictly educational, sharing, and coaching groups. Your medical care is between you and your providers.
- Don't complain - about anything. If you are having a problem with any aspect of the process, please contact us directly.
Your group coaching membership will automatically renew at the standard monthly rate of $72.00 until you cancel. Subscriptions can be cancelled on your account page or through our Contact page.
> RETURN TO "CHOOSE YOUR PLAN"
> RETURN TO THE "EXPLORE" PAGE